Last Date of Application : 25th November, 2023
Declaration of First List of Fellowship: 3rd December, 2023
Confirmation of Fellowship by uploading security deposit DD details (First List) : 11th December, 2023
Declaration of Second List of Fellowship: 14th December, 2023
Confirmation of Fellowship by uploading security deposit DD details (Second List): 22nd December, 2023
Shortlisted candidates will receive intimation and further instructions via email given in the application form
VLSID-2024 Important Guidelines for fellowship aspirants
- VLSID-2024 organizing committee wish to offer fellowships to few faculty and meritorious students who don’t have any financial support from their parent institution to attend the conference.
- Students or faculty members applying for the fellowships must be involved in research areas related to VLSI Design and Embedded Systems or allied area.
- Participants applying for a fellowship who already have partial funding from their institution kindly specify the support you need while completing the application. Hence, aspiring candidates for fellowship award are advised to opt for these reimbursements only on the need basis, as your genuine discretion would help organizing committee to award fellowship to more aspirants.
- The organizing committee is mainly interested in reimbursing the partial travel expenses for fellowship awardees from the distant cities/towns. Due to budget limitations and to accommodate maximum fellows, the travel support will be to a maximum of INR 7000 for faculty and INR 5000 to students.
- Conference registration is complementary for fellows. Once selected for fellowship (will be intimated via email on December first week), it is mandatory that the fellows should register a token fellowship amount (INR 2000) in the registration portal. The registration fees will be reimbursed if the fellow completes the entire mandatory requirement mentioned for the award of the fellowship including full attendance from 06.01.2024 to 10.01.2024 and conference summary report.
- Travel expenses if approved for reimbursement will be calculated as per shortest route of travel by (1) AC 3-Tier in Train/ economyclass flight/bus up to a maximum of INR 7,000/- or actual (whichever is lower) for faculty, (2) by AC 3-Tier in Train/AC bus up to a maximum of INR 5,000/- or actual (whichever is lower) for students/scholars. For students/scholars, even if someone travel on a higher mode (air) of transport only the eligible class fare (3AV/ AC bus) will be reimbursed.
- The VLSID-2024 organizing team plans to provide free accommodation (double/triple sharing or dormitory) nearer to the venue to student fellows from outside Kolkata. Accommodation will not be provided to the fellows belonging to Kolkata. Final information regarding place of stay and other logistics will be informed later.
- Faculty fellows may either opt for free accommodation arranged by the organizing committee or find suitable accommodation in Kolkata by themselves such that they could reach conference venue in time. Accommodation allowance of Rs.1000 per day (for maximum 6 nights from 06.01.2024 to 10.01.2024) will be reimbursed to faculty fellows if they wish to have their own accommodation arrangement upon submission of original bills as proof of hotel accommodation.
- It is imperative that the fellows attend tutorials and presentations on all days. A biometric record of attendance for each session per day would be maintained for the same. They have to submit a report of talks attended (as per prescribed format given to fellows on the opening day) and should give it to the Fellowship chair on 10.01.2024. Lack of attendance/non-submission of report may result is cancellation of the reimbursement of the registration fees and travel/accommodation expenses. Kindly note that fellows have to plan their journey such that they reach conference on 06.01.2024 to attend tutorials. They will leave only after 5pm on 10.01.2024 from the conference venue. Late arrival and early departure request will not be entertained. In such cases, the fellowship committee reserves the rights to forfeit a partial amount of the registration fees.
- The fellowship application form contains a field for a file upload where faculty fellow applicants should get a letter of recommendation from their HOD/Principal/Director or equivalent in the institute letter head. For students/scholars the letter of recommendation should be from supervisor/HOD in the institute/department letter head.
- Identity card showing their affiliation must be produced during the conference to get the reimbursement.
- After proper scrutiny of records and submitted bills/tickets and boarding passes the reimbursements (token registration fee and partial travel expenses) will be done within 60 days after the completion of the conference. Reimbursements will be paid on through Bank Transfer only. Kindly mention the correct bank account details when asked for.